1:00 PM Welcome
Master of Ceremony & Producing Partner: TíoLouie/Louie E. Perego Moreno, Founder and Executive Producer of PRIME LATINO MEDIA
Introductory Remarks: Rebuild Puerto Rico
Edwin Meléndez, Director, Center for Puerto Rican Studies; Professor of Urban Affairs and Planning, Hunter College, City University of New York
1:30 PM Multimedia-Makers Panel
Moderator: TíoLouie/Louie E. Perego Moreno, PRIME LATINO MEDIA
- María Teresa “Mariposa” Fernández, author, poet, educator, performance artist, playwright, and actress
- Marlena Fitzpatrick-Garcia, Music journalist, Latino Rebels, Uforia Música, Huffington Post, Enclave Magazine, and Fokiú Media.
- Jessica Alomar, Producer and writer of the documentary feature, “Colonization is Extinction;” and mental health therapist
- Elizabeth Angeles: NYC Emergency Management, Strategy and Program Development, Project Manager and blogger in aftermath of Hurricane María
- Patricia Lewis, “Melogía” musician, singer, composer, violinist and guitarist recording an album on Hurricane María and developing documentary on exodus of Puerto Ricans migrating to United States
2:45 PM Break
3:00 PM Actors Panel
Moderator: Javier E. Gómez, award-winning journalist & communications director, host of weekly Spanish-language public affairs program, “Dialogo Abierto,” actor, and producer
- JW Cortés, Marine combat veteran, actor, singer, producer and philanthropist, plays Detective Alvarez on Fox Channel's, "Gotham"
- Suni Reyes, producer, satire-comedy writer and actor producing ensemble, “Greetings from Puerto Rico,” and Netflix’s “Master of None”, Amazon’s “Mozart in the Jungle”, HBO’s “Girls”
- Yaraní Del Valle Piñero "La Yara" Actor, singer, dancer, educator, cultural promoter, and activist. PregonesPRTT ensemble member, founder of Caicú cultural platform & Arts in Education Program Developer. Acted in Chamacas Web Series, Aloha Boricua, Las Rutas de Julia, Borinquen Vive en El Barrio, Harlem Hellfighters on a Latin Beat, the film Maldeamores, among others.
4:15 PM Break
4:30 PM Critical Media Overview
Moderator: Susanne Ramirez de Arellano, freelance writer, blogger “Susanne en la Ciudad,” former News Director for Univision Puerto Rico, has worked for ABC News, the Associated Press Television News in London and CNN International.
- Soldanela Rivera, producer, publicist, writer, and creator and host of the podcast, “Notes from a Native Daughter.”
- Noemí Segarra Ramírez, Movement artist, educator, activist, healer. Founder of PISO Proyecto.
- Rojo Robles: writer, filmmaker, and educator of Puerto Rican and Latinx Studies at Brooklyn College, and Literature and Film at CUNY colleges
5:45 PM Where do we go from here? A Call to Action
Lorca Peress, Founding Artistic Director of MultiStages, a free-lance theatre director/producer, performer, visual artist, theatre set/mask designer, and an advocate for diversity and gender parity; founding member of Creative Network of the Puerto Rican Diaspora
Edwin Meléndez, Director, Center for Puerto Rican Studies